Varying factors are affecting the increase in drug costs. Acurity’s pharmacy experts work hand-in-hand with Pharmacy Departments and the hospital C-suite to provide information about the underlying causes as well as consider customized strategies to better control their budget and overall expenses.
While it is important to remember that rising pharmacy supply expense is not always a bad thing (taking inpatient versus outpatient status—or expense versus revenue—into consideration), Acurity has solutions to help members better manage the rate of price increases in their facilities. These include
- an auto-substitution program for injectables
- a member-exclusive pharmacy access program to achieve more consistent savings on and more consistent supply of generic injectable pharmaceuticals
- a drug budget development tool
- support during drug shortages
- specialty pharmacy and care management
- spend tracking and benchmarking technology specific to pharmacy services